Pages

Friday 30 June 2017

division and multiplication DLO

In maths I have been learning multiplication strategies. I have learnt to solve multiplication problems using five times table. When you are stuck on a maths question do this. For example if I am stuck on 8X6 I would split the six into a five so 8X5=40 then you do 8X1 and that equals 8 so if you put 40 and 8 together it makes 48 so that means 8X6=48 because if you add the 1 to the 5 it makes 6. We also learned about division and how to solve them. For example 56 Divided by 7. So what you do is you split 56 into two numbers 35 and 21 then you put in what times table you used to get those two number so for 35 I used 5 times and for 21 I used 3 times so if you add 5 and 3 it equals 8 so 56 divided by 7=8
 here is my work to explain this strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.